Saturday, June 12, 2010

Friends don't let friends wear packaged panties

So the search for good underwear continues. Each chunky girl I talk with seems to have the same issue: poorly made or frumpy underwear. Ladies, I would like to inspire you. Just because you are not a size two does not mean you have to wear granny panties. Underwear is the only exception to the "just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it" rule. In fact, I strongly encourage you to wear sexy, fun, inspiring, feminine, undies.

I understand everyone's body is different. You may prefer thongs while I prefer boy shorts. Whatever works. Recently I had the underwear discussion with a friend. She wears a size 22 pants and needed to get new panties. I recommended she try American Eagle (aerie) boy short underwear. She thought I was crazy...and the logic that followed is legit. If she cant wear their clothes, how could she wear their underwear? That is where the stretch comes in. I have been wearing aerie undies for 7years and must admit that they are my faves. They fit well, wash well, and last long. They come in all shapes and just in care you were wondering, I wear an XL but haven't fit into their clothes since I was 9.

Why aerie?
- Lane Bryant underwear are not only cut to be pulled up to my bra, but also refuse to keep their shape. Instead if my chub staying put in my undies, my undies stretch almost to the point of falling off. I don't know about you, but my underwear inching down my legs while tooling around in Walmart is not my idea of sexy.
- Avenue offers granny panties, if that is what you are in to. They have some cute styles and prints but be prepared to have them come way higher than your natural waist. I just love bending over and letting the world see my cute panties pulled higher than my jeans...
- Torrid has cute underwear that aren't frumpy, but I have yet to review a pair. I actually was just there last night and decided against purchasing a pair to try. The fabric and cut was astonishingly similar to Lane Bryant's undies...and I know too well how badly that money was wasted.

Okay, so what do you do if aerie doesn't fit you? Department store undies are a good alternative. I will post my findings as I come across other fits, brands, and cuts as well as continue to hope LB and Avenue get their act together so all the workers in aerie don't think I have a poor misconception of my pant size.

No comments: